BYOBottle Partners: All At Once Water Stations at Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion, TURN with Live Nation,
Rob Machado Foundation at BeachLife Festival, Adalita, Bettercup at WOMADelaide, Steelys Drinkware
Greetings BYOBottle Partners!
Join millions of people around the world in reducing plastic waste this Plastic Free July! Plastic Free July is a global movement that helps people around the globe be part of the solution to plastic pollution. It’s a great time to consider how you can take plastic waste reduction to the next level and show your music community that you’ve made a commitment to ditch single-use and choose reusables this Plastic Free July!
Please enjoy these BYOBottle resources and highlights!
➤ BYOBottle – Highlights:
- BYOBottle Partners Beachlife Festival & Rob Machado Foundation teamed up to offer free water refill stations to festivalgoers in Redondo Beach, and Rock the Ocean shared out the reusable message at Tortuga Music Fest in Florida. Australia’s WOMADelaide kept over 100,000 single-use cups out of the waste system with help from Bettercup, who washed over 20,000 cups/day. Caloundra Music Festival, the first festival in Australia to ditch disposable plastic water bottles, continues a BYOBottle commitment, encouraging fans to bring their own bottles and refill.
- r.Cup is partnering with Roger Waters and other artists to provide reusable cups at shows this summer, as part of the artists’ commitment to green touring and eliminating single-use waste. Live Nation is launching the TURN reusable cup program at Ascend Amphitheater in Nashville for all shows this summer, and continues to pursue single-use plastic free concessions.
- Jack Johnson collaborated with Live Nation on his Meet the Moonlight Tour to offer a signature cocktail, served in a Steelys reusable pint cup. The tour also provides free water refill stations, promotes reusables, and encourages fans to join BYOBottle and take action in support of plastic free initiatives, through a Propeller campaign and at each show. The tour also teamed up with Klean Kanteen to gift custom reusable bottles to All At Once Non-Profits and local crew.
- Save the date for Upstream’s 2nd Annual Reuse Awards, September 29th – The Reusies, a virtual awards show for reuse heroes innovating solutions to a world without waste. You can also explore a new sustainability database, launched by the Music Sustainability Association to serve as an aggregation of resources for the music industry. Green Music Australia just released Sound Country: A Green Artist Guide as a comprehensive resource to help musicians implement sustainable solutions across all aspects of their music career, including case studies and checklists to implement eco-friendly practices.
- REVERB is working with artists including Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, and Dave Matthews Band to reduce single-use plastic backstage and encourage fans to RockNRefill with free water stations and reusable water bottles. BYOBottle Business Partner O’Land is launching a challenge to save 1 million plastic bottles this summer in Montreal, in the wake of the federal announcement of a ban on single-use plastics.
➤ BYOBottle Suggested Post: Plastic Free July
Sample Social Media Post: I support #BYOBottle to help turn the tide on plastic pollution in the music industry. This @PlasticFreeJuly Iʻm rocking my reusable water bottles to reduce plastic waste! #PlasticFreeJuly
Please Tag BYOBottle – FB: @byobottlecampaign / Insta: @BYOBottle / Twitter: @BYO_Bottle
➤ BYOBottle Features:
💧Featured Campaign: Plastic Free July
💧Featured Event: The Reusies – Reuse Awards 9.29.22
💧Featured Resource: Music Sustainability Association Database
💧Featured Fan Action Campaign: Propeller – Jack Johnson All At Once
💧Featured Video: Roadmap to Reuse
💧Featured Green Music Guide: Green Music Australia: Sound Country
Explore BYOBottle Fan Actions and Stay Connected by following and tagging BYOBottle on Facebook, instagram and twitter!