Photos – BYOBottle Partners: Bonnie Raitt, Ben Harper, Ohana Festival (Eddie Vedder, Fore the Waves), Jade Imagine
Dave Matthews, Phish, Jack Johnson and Lukas Nelson
PPC #RefillRevolution at Bonnaroo, SWMRS, Kasey Chambers, Brett Dennen at Lobero Theatre, Nathaniel Rateliff
Greetings BYOBottle Partners!
As we wind down 2020 and enter the holiday season, we want to take a moment and send thanks and support to all of our incredible BYOBottle Partners around the world! As the music industry continues to face and respond to unprecedented challenges, we are inspired by the BYOBottle artists, venues, and festivals getting creative to share music with their communities. We are proud to see our non-profit and business partners working hard to create helpful resources and to adapt and innovate. We are grateful to the BYOBottle fans, enjoying virtual concerts in their own homes, but remaining committed to reducing single-use plastic in their daily lives.
This newsletter includes partner highlights and featured resources, including valuable reopening guidelines on the safety of reusables at live events. Explore the Simplify the Holidays campaign to reduce waste, and learn how to support NITO’s efforts to Save Live Music. The BYOBottle campaign is proud to have the support of 234 Artists, 75 Venues & Festivals, and 80 Non-Profit & Business Partners worldwide!
➤ BYOBottle – Highlights:
- Safety of Reusables: BYOBottle contributed to Oceanic Global’s publication COVID-19 Plastic-Free Reopening Guidelines: Live Events + Professional Sports, which includes best practices for reusable cups and water refill stations. The Sustainable Events Alliance recently published the Global Best Practice Guidelines: ‘Reusables’ Hygiene at Events to help us build back better. For more tips, check out UPSTREAM’s Reuse vs Single-Use: Safety and new Learning Hub, or the r.Cup COVID-19 Safety and Reuse resources.
- Business Innovation: BYOBottle Business Partners, including US Pure Water, FloWater, WE-Refill and O’land Fill & Wash Stations are taking steps to address safety during COVID-19, developing touchless water refill station solutions with motion sensors or foot pedals. r.Cup is promoting a “new cup every time” reusable model and just launched r.Ware – a reusable food to-go ware system to tackle take-out waste generated by COVID-19.
- Save Live Music: Support the National Independent Talent Organization (NITO) and their ongoing advocacy to ensure the survival of small independent music businesses. Learn more about Crew Nation – the global relief fund for music crew members, and the Save Our Stages effort to support independent venues.
- Non-Profit News: Over 550 organizations joined the #PlasticFreePresident initiative to urge President-Elect Joe Biden to take executive action to solve the plastic pollution crisis. BYOBottle welcomes newest Non-Profit Partner Global Inheritance, working to educate and encourage music fans to cut plastic out of their lives. We are also excited to announce that Kristal Ambrose, founder of Bahamas Plastic Movement, won the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize for her youth engagement and plastic free policy work. Congrats Kristal!
- Simplify the Holidays: Want your holidays wrapped in more meaning and less stuff? Explore Simplify the Holidays for tips to reduce waste this season. Check out REVERB’s Green Gift Guide, including sustainable merch ideas from BYOBottle partners Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews Band and California Roots Festival. Shop locally, and support BIPOC-owned small businesses. Check out Kokua Hawaii Foundation’s holiday blog for inspiration on creative gifts and decorations, or explore Plastic Pollution Coalition’s 2020 Thoughtful Giving Guide.
➤ BYOBottle Features:
💧Featured Resource: COVID-19 Plastic-Free Reopening Guidelines: Live Events
💧Featured Video: O’land Touchless Water & Handwash Stations
💧Featured Action: Support the Presidential Plastics Action Plan
💧Featured Campaign: Simplify the Holidays
Wishing you a Healthy & Happy Holiday Season from the team at BYOBottle!